Panel on Research Ethics: Proposed Guidance for Public Consultation
The Panel on Research Ethics and the Secretariat on Responsible Conduct of Research are seeking comments on four documents related to the interpretation and implementation of the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2 (2018)). These documents (hyperlinked below) touch on the following themes:
- the review of multi-jurisdictional research;
- broad consent in research;
- the review of research involving cell lines; and
- research involving totipotent stem cells.
Comments from the research community will help the Panel in its mandate to support the progress of research while ensuring optimal participant protection.
Please submit your comments by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 4th 2021, using the subject TCPS 2 consultation. Please also include your name and the following demographic information with your submission to inform us about the reach of the consultation:
- Province or territory;
- Affiliation: university, hospital, college, community organization, other;
- Capacity in which you are submitting the comments: REB member, researcher, student, administration, research participant, representative of a group or organization;
- Your main discipline: Behavioural Sciences, Biomedical, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Interdisciplinary, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, other.
For the purposes of transparency and public engagement, all comments received (including identifiable information) will be posted to the Panel's website after the closing of the comment period.
If you do not wish to have your comments posted, please indicate that clearly at the beginning of your submission.
In addition, the Panel and Secretariat are taking this opportunity to ask three general questions about how to better support researchers, research ethics boards, research participants, and their communities. This short survey is accessible at the following link.
- Date modified: